With Kristin Jackson CCSE, CPT
What is Somatics?
- Back pain
- Knee, hip and foot pain
- Shoulders and neck pain
- Pelvic floor disorders
- GERD and digestive issues
- Posture and mobility
- Improve mood and outlook
- Sleep patterns
- Improve how you do your yoga, sport and daily activities
Who can benefit from Somatics?
- you’ve “tried everything” for your aches and pains, but haven’t tried Somatics, yet!
- you want to take your yoga practice to a whole new level
- you are proactive about your health and wellness
- you love to learn new aspects about yourself
- you want to live a calmer life in a chaotic world
Examples of how Somatics Can Help
Hands-on Somatics sessions provide clients with greater neuro-sensory feedback, resulting in quicker results for recovery.
The client actually participates in the session, vs passive, non-learning bodywork therapies.
This client presented with cervical dystonia. Her neck had been frozen in rotation for 17 years. These photos are of the client before and after her first hands-on session. She only required another session. Post sessions she continued to practice her home self-care somatics routine to help rewire her muscle memory.
Group Somatics lessons are taught while students are lying on the floor, seated in a chair and/or standing.